"Brekke, Jeff" wrote:

> Thanks for explaining it some more for me.  I sort of came into the
> discussion late an just wanted to drop my 2 cents about turbine having some
> work done on its caching system.  Just like you state, we could use the
> turbine caching when we need the features of an in memory cache.  I was just
> clarifing that we would not be stuck with just one memory cache singleton
> per turbine instance and thoughts to allow multiple caches has been tossed
> about for expanding the turbine caching framework.
> I wasn't attempting to say that the global cache would replace any disk or
> external resource cache.  Just that we could use them in implementing our
> services.

Never mind if I was harsh. The reason why I think that we should rename
JetspeedDiskCache is because of this kind of confusions. It is very easy to forget
the distinctions. Also, I think there are more features in it that caching. It acts
also as a serializer to external access.

The new service we are planning will enable plugging in a more complex content
management system instead of it.

BTW: The feature of having multiple caches with different policies is already
available?