--- Fabio Coatti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit : > Alle
10:32, sabato 13 settembre 2003, Fabio Coatti ha scritto:

> > I'm worried that this can be a test5 problem, if more
> details are needed
> > I've still the broken partition on the machine, so I can
> make more tests.
>
> I've some other details; I've installed jfs utils 1.1.3 but
> still no success
> in fsck, using bot test 4 and 5 versions of 2.6.0 linux
> kernel. I've just
> tried kernel 2.4.21 and jfs utils 1.0.24 (stock MDK 9.1
> recovery CD) and
> fsck'ing with this rescue disk I've been able to recovery th
> fs in a usable
> state (using 2.6.0 test4/5 and jfs 1.1.3 the system was
> booting only in r/o
> mode).
> I'ts quite strange that latest jfs is unable to fix the
> filesystem fixed by
> older utility :)

same thing here
Kernel 2.6.0-test5-mm1
latest jfs-utils (1.1.3)
When running fsck it works for a while and then there is
no disk activity (but fsck is still running). If i interupt
it with CTRL+C and then try to run again fsck says:
Primary superbloc is invalid.
Secondary superblock is invalid. Cannot continue.
At this point i hit the reset button hopping that fsck
didn't wrote to disk.

I also have a mandrake partition so i can try fixing the
filesystem from there, but fortunately (or unfortunately ?)
i didn't manage to compile jfs-utils-1.1.3 on mandrake
(because there is no libuuid and i'm trying to install it
from es2fsutils).

But FYI i noticed something strange happening before this.
Sometimes after a reboot fsck.jfs version 1.1.3.
It says: "Filesystem is mounted and is not of type jfs.
Do you really want to continue ?"

I didn't payed much attention to this message because after
i pressed y the booting continued normally (fsck did the
log replay and everything bootd fine)

At this point i don't know if it's better to "repair"
my root filesystem with fsck or wait

If you want i can provide more information.

Bye
Calin

=====
--