Ok, Adrian.  I'll give these steps a try.

Bill White has also sent me similar instructions.

Tom Behler

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-boun...@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2015 11:56 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Adrian Spratt
Subject: RE: Safely Remove Hardware question

Tom,

It has been a few years since I followed this method, but I'm copying the
steps below along with the annotations I made to myself. I believe the basic
instructions come from David Bailes. If this doesn't work for you, please
post again because there are other methods.

how to reveal system tray icons in Win7.

Open start menu properties with Win key, escape, alt-enter.

In the first dialog, tab to and press the Notification Area Customize
button. I found that the list of options appears when I shit-tabbed once.

The first item there is "Always turn on all icons." I pressed the spacebar
on it, then tabbed to Okay.