Hi Dennis

Dennis Sosnoski wrote:
Damn, that's annoying. If you can duplicate this I'll track down what's going wrong, but from the stack trace it probably relates to the issues involved in splitting up the bindings as specified by the customizations. This is inherently messy, so it may be prone to failures until I learn where the snakes are hiding in the grass (by getting bitten).
I've sent a cut down example off list.
Hmmm. I really need another metaphor more appropriate to New Zealand... "where the kiwi is hiding in the bush" just doesn't do it. "Where the racists are hiding in the ministries", perhaps - but too subtle. :-(
The eels hiding in the stream maybe? I'm sure there must be an appropriate Maori metaphor. I looked in my dictionary under "tuna" (the Maori word for "eel") but there weren't any metaphors there..
I'll improve the algorithm another notch, which will take care of this particular case. Handling it in general is much more difficult, even if we're only dealing with English (see http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~damian/papers/HTML/Plurals.html for instance). You can always override the default NameConverter in customizations to use your own implementation, which can be as simple (or clever) as you want
Thanks. I'd overlooked the NameConverter customization. But I guess another notch on the algorithm would work pretty well - change "y" to "ies" if it follows a consonant or to "ys" after a vowel. I'm sure there still be exceptions to the rule!

nigel.