2016/2/27 3:25 -0800, rfscho...@apache.org:
> I noticed[1] that -addmods already has a special option: ALL-SYSTEM
> What I'm looking for is something like ALL-MP or ALL-MODULEPATH, which
> simply exposes all modules on the modulepath to the classpath. The set of
> moduleEntries on the modulePath are already chosen with care and are in
> the end all required to be able to compile the test-classes without the
> need of knowing the name of the module being used to compile with.

We added a special ALL-MODULE-PATH token to the -addmods option, with
this description now in JEP 261 (http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/261):

  As a further special case, if `<module>` is `ALL-MODULE-PATH` then all
  observable modules found on module paths are added to the root set.
  `ALL-MODULE-PATH` is valid at compile time when compiling classes in the
  unnamed module, and at run time when the main class of the application is
  loaded from the class path into the unnamed module.

This change is in Jigsaw EA build #4647 (https://jdk9.java.net/jigsaw/).
Please try it out and let us know what you think.

- Mark