On 17/01/2017 01:04, David Holmes wrote:

I would assume however that we will clearly document how to go from a compact profile to using jlink to produce a comparable JRE? At a minimum, given the compact profiles were defined at the package-level, we should document which modules are needed to provide the packages defined for a given compact profile.
Yes, there needs to be some documentation for embedded developers so that they can use jlink to create the (approximate) equivalent of what was the compact1-3 builds. Also note that the build still supports "make profiles" and the set of modules needed to create the compact profile profiles has the list of root modules needed to create these images.

-Alan