On 12/05/2017 14:31, David M. Lloyd wrote:

:

#4 seems to be working around the outcome of issue #CyclicDependences in the JSR. I also don't wish to comment on that except to say that introducing system properties to skip specified checks is highly problematic from a conformance perspective.

Can you explain what you mean by that? I'm more than happy to convert these into -X type arguments to the runtime (or, of course, to simply make this the standard behavior), but I thought this would be a simpler and safer approach (at least for a first pass).

Disabling specified behavior creates a conformance issue. It doesn't matter if it's a CLI option or a system property.

In any case, proposing a patch here is not the right way to re-open JSR issue #CyclicDependences. Instead, I think it would be better to work through a number of migration scenarios and see what real-issues you run into. Do you run into cycles that can't be addressed with clean-up and migrating to services for examples?

-Alan.