Bob,

This still doesn't work as it interprets a numeric zero as undefined.  Turning
the zero into a string representation of zero causes the proper naming to be
used.  You may be running up against the fact that different browsers return
different things.  I've found I have to check for undefined, 'undefined', null
and 'null' to cover all the browser variants.  How about:

if (!nameSuffix && nameSuffix!=0) nameSuffix = appletCount;

Jonathan

On Oct 12, 2010, at 5:19 PM, Robert Hanson wrote:

> 2010/10/12 Angel Herráez <angel.herr...@uah.es>
> Jonathan, I know what you mean. The idea is that zero may be taken as false
> (no id
> provided). However, my test now seems to behave (12.1.14)
>
> The line in Jmol.js that does the trick says
>   nameSuffix == undefined && (nameSuffix = appletCount);
>
> but I really don't understand how this code works.
>

> It says: "If nameSuffix is undefined, then assign the value of appletCount to
> nameSuffix."
>

> What exact code are you using to destroy and recreate the applet?
> I have tried
> function destroy() {
>  document.getElementById("cont").innerHTML="";
> }
> function create() {
>  jmolSetDocument(0)
>  document.getElementById("cont").innerHTML = jmolApplet([width,height],
> scriptStr, n)
> }
>
> where "cont" is a div containing the applet

> --
> Robert M. Hanson
> Professor of Chemistry
> St. Olaf College
> 1520 St. Olaf Ave.
> Northfield, MN 55057
> http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr
> phone: 507-786-3107
>

> If nature does not answer first what we want,
> it is better to take what answer we get.
>
> -- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900

                         Dr. Jonathan H. Gutow
Chemistry Department                                gu...@uwosh.edu
UW-Oshkosh                                          Office: 920-424-1326
800 Algoma Boulevard                                FAX:920-424-2042
Oshkosh, WI 54901
                http://www.uwosh.edu/facstaff/gutow