I've encountered the problem on webkit browsers and FF on Mac &
Linux.  Haven't tested FF Windows.

You can see this problem by going to the link below and performing the
following steps:
https://141.233.197.45:4443/home/pub/0/
***ignore the security warnings.  I am using a self-signed certificate
so that my students can use normal campus passwords.
1) Put the first applet (applet0) to sleep by clicking on the "Sleep"
link.
2) Wake it up by clicking on the "Wake" link.
3) Try putting it back to sleep.
You will find that applet0 does not exist.

You will have no problem with this cycle with the second applet
(applet1)  because that is properly recreated.

Jonathan
On Oct 13, 2010, at 8:03 AM, Angel Herráez wrote:

>> I had assumed the problem was this test.  But your results suggest
>> not.  Is there something earlier or later in the code that is also
>> checking the appletID?  I hadn't noticed anything.
>
> Can't see what or where. jmolApplet() directly calls _jmolApplet()
> which tests the ID.
>
> What browser are you testing on? I only did Firefox Win

                          Dr. Jonathan H. Gutow
Chemistry Department                                 gu...@uwosh.edu
UW-Oshkosh                                           Office:920-424-1326
800 Algoma Boulevard                                 FAX:920-424-2042
Oshkosh, WI 54901
                  http://www.uwosh.edu/facstaff/gutow