In the announcement message for Jmol v10pre9 I forgot to mention something
of interest.

The popup menu is now context sensitive in two areas.

1. Select -> by Element -> {element list}

Now lists all and only the elements that are actually present in the
loaded file.

2. Select -> by Residue -> {residue list}

Now restricts to the subset of amino acid group identifiers actually
present in the loaded file. This includes the 20 standard amino acids plus
ASX (ASP/ASN ambiguous) and GLX (GLU/GLN ambiguous)

Note that I have not yet added anything special for other groups that may
be present in the file.

Suggestions appreciated.

some thoughts:
 - presumably, we should add some *other* entries to the menu.
 - there is already code for detecting things that are in an amino-acid
chain but have non-standard group identifiers. (modified-residues?)
Should these be treated specially in the menus?
 - the same goes for nucleotide bases

Miguel