I'm finally trying to start converting some of my chime tutorials to jmol, and
I'm having a tough time getting a very simple example to work.  I basically
copied the "simple example" in the demonstration pages.  I've tried several
approaches, all of them unsuccessful.  I tried running the page from my
desktop.  That doesn't work, but I vaguely remember reading that the page has
to be running from a server.  So I tried running the page from my server.  In
both of these cases, the little black jmol box appears but no molecule is
loaded.  I read the java console and it looks like the molecule isn't getting
loaded from my desktop because of some violation.  From the server, there's a
message that says the file isn't found.  I see the file there from my ftp
program, so I'm confused.  My page is at
http://web.centre.edu/muzyka/organic/butane/simple.htm

I was reading through the old messages on the archive to see if there's some
stupid thing I'm doing wrong.  From April 26 (in response to Kevin Parkes'
message), I see there's a problem with jmol.js.  So I downloaded the latest
version of jmol.js from  http://www.jmol.org/jmol/Jmol.js and the error
messages I get are even scarier.  I also tried a demo referred to in that same
thread ( http://www.jmol.org/demo/jssample3) and I get messages similar to the
ones I saw when I used that version of the Jmol.js.  I'm thinking the version
of Jmol.js I downloaded (dated May 14, 2005) might have a problem.  But
whatever I did previously wasn't working either.

I would appreciate any advice that anybody can offer.
-Jennifer