Hi Jennifer

I have seen this before. Most likely it is  due to jmol applet being in a
directory **under** that of the model. This is a known problem, though I
thought I understood it was so only for local files, no web server files.
Anyway, for a start try putting jmolapplet.jar in the same folder/directory as
the model.
If that doesn't fix the errors, post again.

On 7 Jul 2005 at 14:44, Jennifer L. Muzyka wrote:

> I'm finally trying to start converting some of my chime tutorials to jmol,
> and I'm having a tough time getting a very simple example to work.  I
> basically copied the "simple example" in the demonstration pages.  I've tried
> several approaches, all of them unsuccessful.  I tried running the page from
> my desktop.  That doesn't work, but I vaguely remember reading that the page
> has to be running from a server.  So I tried running the page from my server.
>  In both of these cases, the little black jmol box appears
but no molecule is loaded.  I read the java console and it looks like the
molecule isn't getting loaded from my desktop because of some violation.  From
the server, there's a message that says the file isn't found.  I see the file
there from my ftp program, so I'm confused.  My page is at
http://web.centre.edu/muzyka/organic/butane/simple.htm

> I was reading through the old messages on the archive to see if there's some
> stupid thing I'm doing wrong.  From April 26 (in response to Kevin Parkes'
> message), I see there's a problem with jmol.js.  So I downloaded the latest
> version of jmol.js from  http://www.jmol.org/jmol/Jmol.js and the error
> messages I get are even scarier.  I also tried a demo referred to in that
> same thread ( http://www.jmol.org/demo/jssample3) and I get messages similar
> to the ones I saw when I used that version of the Jmol.js.  I'm
thinking the version of Jmol.js I downloaded (dated May 14, 2005) might have a
problem.  But whatever I did previously wasn't working either.