On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 10:08 PM, Robert Hanson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So what's this port 81 thing? leaving that off changes it to the standard
> http port 80; I don't know of any system that allows you to use port 81 if
> port 80 is the right port.

The problem is with the hosting company on which the wiki is setup.
To be able to provide both PHP4 and PHP5 on shared computers, they have
decided that PHP4 will be available on port 80 (standard HTTP port) and PHP5
on port 81.
Since MediaWiki requires PHP5, all access are done through port 81 on the
wiki.
I have added a .htaccess file (contents below) to automatically redirect
request on port 80 to port 81, so that people accessing the wiki without
specifying the port will still have access to the wiki.
If anyone knows how to do this is an more cleaner way, please help :)

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} ^80$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$  http://%{HTTP_HOST}:81%{REQUEST_URI} [QSA,P]

Nico