Victor,

Thanks for the picture. That's just an illusion. The 11.6.RC16 image has

  set perspectiveDepth OFF

and the two balls are exactly the same size.
The 11.4.6 image has

  set perspectiveDepth ON

and something like

  set cameraFactor 0.1

showing a bizarrely distorted molecule.

The default for Jmol is

  set perspectiveDepth ON

but that will automatically be turned off if a crystal structure is loaded.

Bob

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Victor Chest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found some error in visualization of bounded atoms in version 11.6 RC16
> (there is no this bug in version 11.4.6): atom on the back plan is bigger
> then another one on the front. In case of short bond it is not recognizable
> enough so I created some artificial example (see attachment "test.gif"
> file). Left panel is Jmol 11.4.6, the right one is 11.6 RC16
>
> Thanks,
> Victor

1520 St. Olaf Ave.
Northfield, MN 55057
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr
phone: 507-786-3107

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900