Otis,
There are several possible different answer SMILES because there are several
different possible starting materials that would give the same product, at
least for most combinations of reagent and product.  I suspect that’s not a
real issue with Jmol, but that’s why I started going back to query the database
again.

The student who imported the additional 3800 compounds into the database was in
the fall 2015 OLCC cheminformatics class.  I’m confident he used PubChem or
other cheminformatics tools to build the table associated with the new
compounds, although that wasn’t his project for the course.  It was something
he did for fun, as he continues to develop the app for which he (and a buddy)
won the prize in the NIST competition last fall.  He’s since graduated.  I’ll
be there for the OLCC retreat before the BCCE and expect to offer the OLCC
course again on Centre’s campus in spring 2017.
Jennifer

On Jul 19, 2016, at 8:58 PM, Otis Rothenberger