Two more articles for those following the Eva Cassidy story
- from yesterday's (London) Times and The Washington Post

The Times http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,,62-103277,00.html

I like the story of the BBC Radio 2 listener who phoned in to say
that if they were going to play 'Over the Rainbow' when she was
driving in the fast lane on the motorway, would they mind telling
her in advance? She had to pull over because she couldn't see.
By the end of it her eyes were too misty."

And as mags found in her shop, "Last Friday morning, after [a TV]
show had detailed Cassidy's story, one 'Our Price' branch, in Bangor,
Northern Ireland, sold almost nothing but Songbird. "I happened to
play it in the shop because I like it myself," said Donna Braddick,
the co-manager, "and people bought it - every transaction."

And looks like you could be right about this all happening in the US
too, Jimmy.  According to The Washington Post -

http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A46412-2001Mar22.html

"In England, she's become the focus of media coverage that
may soon extend to the United States: Several network news
shows are preparing features on Cassidy, as is People magazine."

Also, according to her US label, Blix Street, "Another live album,
recorded in Annapolis, may eventually see the light of day." (Yehhh!)

Eva's father, Hugh Cassidy, who has been deluged by fan mail -
and who has personally answered every one - says "people are
plugging into Eva's optimism and hope despite the bittersweetness
of some of her songs, sensing her love of life. They all feel like their
spirits have been buoyed and they've gotten through hard times with
Eva's music. We feel that way, too."

PaulC