OK, thanks a lot for the clarifications, Samir. I'll see what I can do with
this. Certainly, that RecordUnmapper API which is on the roadmap, will help
implementing reusable logic for hand rolled POJO to Record
transformations...

Cheers,
Lukas

> that being said, this is "our" needs, it doesn't necessarily make sense
> for Jooq in general.  Just passing on our use case in case it resonates
> with others and feedback was requested. :)

I think your needs aren't very unusual, from what I've seen on this group,
stack overflow, and the user manual comments