hi Lukas,
   we have a mix of jooq (mine) and legacy non jooq (aka string queries)
code in production.

Sometimes happens that :

let *T1* be a table and *C1,C2* it's column.
let *JAPP* be a jooq app that use T1.C1
let *LAPP* a legacy APP that use T2.C2
let T1 be shared between *JAPP and LAPP*

Suppose a developer on LAPP rename T1.C2==>T1.C3 and don't care about put
in production jooq generated code.
Now JAPP is broken cause when jooq generate query on whole table it
generate
create.select().from(T1) ==> SELECT FROM T1.C1, T1.C2, *but T1.C2 was
renamed to T1.C3*

The issue is that JAPP does not use directly T1.C2 in code so neither an
automatic build could solve this problem due to dynamic nature of select
fields.
Probably the only compatible/working solution should be to generate select
T1.*, but seems that jooq can not work in typesafe mode with select *.

Probably I should better know the engine behavior, but I'm wondering about
why jooq does not render T1.* instead exploding fields.
Btw in a full jooq environment this is not an issue, but legacy code
exists...
Have you got any ideas how to avoid this issues?