When creating an enum in Java you can usually call it's name()-method to
get the String-representation of that enum, e.g. calling MyEnum.TEST.name()
would return the String "TEST". When generating enums with jOOQ however the
name()-method would return something like "my_enum" (at least for version
3.8 using a MySQL dialect). The javadoc of the interface EnumType states in
addition for the name()-method "The type name as registered in the
database, if applicable (Postgres-scope enum type only). Otherwise, this
returns <code>null</code>"? Is there a way to make the name()-method return
the String-representation of the enum? As a workaround I can use the
toString()-method, however this is not possible when working together with
3rd party libraries.