Thank you. Alright so AFAIK, maybe besides fiddling with the spliterator,
there's no straightforward way of processing chunks from a stream. I guess
I'd better be off working with a Cursor directly. I've seen fetchLazy does
not accept a RecordMapper callback. Is there any way of using one when
lazily fetching ? I haven't seen anything in the doc and I'd like to avoid
a RecordN leaking from my repository.

Le mardi 13 mars 2018 17:11:55 UTC+1, Lukas Eder a écrit :
> It's easy to explain.
> A "jOOQ Stream" is really just a wrapper around a "jOOQ Cursor" with some
> convenient API.
> A "jOOQ Cursor" is really just an Iterator wrapper around a JDBC ResultSet
> with some convenient API.
> Now, every time a "jOOQ Stream" or a "jOOQ Cursor" pulls another value
> from the underlying JDBC ResultSet, there is some JDBC action going on.
> This directly translates to all terminal stream operations in their natural
> way.
> To answer your question: Like any call to collect(), a call to collect()
> on a "jOOQ Stream" will iterate the entire ResultSet and collect stuff,
> just like a call to forEach() will iterate the entire ResultSet and do
> stuff with each row.
> Hope this helps,
> Lukas
>> Of course. Just one last question regarding Jooq if you don't mind.
>> With a Cursor I can understand how it works... Like, it maintains an open
>> ResultSet and you can fetch X records in a loop, do stuff with them and
>> repeat. But how does Jooq handles that with a stream ? Is it abstracted ?
>> You said it won't load everything into memory in my example using a
>> forEach, but is it the case for all terminal stream operations ? Surely if
>> I collect or sorted it will load everything right ?

For more options, visit