Indeed, the JDK's Stream API doesn't offer any way to create chunks /
substreams based on chunk sizes. Perhaps, you might find some appropriate
abstraction in jOO╬╗
https://github.com/jOOQ/jOOL

But really, an imperative approach based on the org.jooq.Cursor type might
be the easiest way forward. fetchLazy() produces a Cursor but doesn't
actually fetch anything yet. You can then call appropriate methods on the
Cursor, including Cursor.fetchNext(int):
https://www.jooq.org/javadoc/latest/org/jooq/Cursor.html#fetchNext-int-

I hope this helps,
Lukas