Hi,

We're experimenting with JOOQ and we're really pleased with what it can do
so far :)
We have the following use case though, and I wonder if they are or might be
supported:

1) Compare a schema in the database against a defined schema in a file
Sometimes when we deploy to staging or production, we 'forget' that a table
or field has changed.
(We build our queries dynamically using JOOQ steps; queries are not hard
coded in our code so some changes might not be caught using compile time
checks)
I'd like to include a check at application startup to verify that the
connected database has the same tables, fields, and keys defined as defined
in a certain file.
I thought the xml representation of the information schema could be used.
Scenario:

  a) Load the XML and create a schema out of it.
  b) Dynamically load all meta information about a certain database schema
  c) Compare both and log differences

2) Dynamically load a schema from the database and serialise the meta data
to an information_scheme xml file

3) Sometimes, we'd like to create queries based on the meta information
only, ie without code generation, and use
JOOQ to generate queries dynamically (Of course, without compile time
checks).
The meta information could be loaded from a (xml) file, or extracted from
the database at runtime.

Best regards,
Ronald