On 2/25/07, Ala'a Ibrahim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> ok, what I'm seeking is a high available system.
> for the file sharing, if the server holding the sessions is down, well
> this means that all the others would not work probably, also even if there
> is a failover server, I lost all the sessions. also file locking (NFS) is
> also a big headache.
>
> Databases are a big headache, also unless we are doing a cluster on
> Database, availabilty is an issue, and well MySQL cluster sucks, you need a
> damn f****** good server for the manager, as you would have all the sessions
> stored in the RAM of the Machine, other databases that support clustring
> costs a lot.


What about MySQL replication, do the writes on a master and the reads from
the slaves. Should do the trick, and it isn't hard to configure. I would
also give Postgres a shot, I don't know about its clustering capabilities,
might be a good choice though

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Jordan PHP Users Group" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/JoPHP
http://Jolug.org/
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to