Am 11.07.2011 11:35, Dirk Stöcker:
Hello,

it seems Frederik dropped Lean-JOSM after we did improve the translation
situation, as the size gain was not as big anymore. Nevertheless JOSM is
growing and growing, so the general idea is still useful.

I implemented a "Lean JOSM II" on the JOSM server.

The links
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/josm-tested.jar
and
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/josm-latest.jar
now support parameters.

The only parameter currently is "lang=". When e.g. called like
"http://josm.openstreetmap.de/josm-latest.jar?lang=de";,
you get a approx. 1.1 MB smaller file only containing german language.

I was hoping that this might offer a seperate way to get localized JOSM for languages not having reached the 2000 translated strings limit yet but no avail :(

Apart from that I exported http://josm.openstreetmap.de/josm-latest.jar?lang=fa and could use it in a typical editing session of mine without issues.

Nicely done,
Claudius