On Tue, 12 Jul 2011, Claudius wrote:

I was hoping that this might offer a seperate way to get localized JOSM for languages not having reached the 2000 translated strings limit yet but no avail :(

Well. This would need much more work than removing files. And actually I don't think it is useful, as languages which don't reach this limit aren't cared for and never will reach a state of beeing at least partial complete.

If you spent only half an hour translating strings, the 200 strings limit can be reached in approx 3 weeks. Complete Chinese translation f.e. was done in about 3 days.

Ciao