Hi,

On 03/30/2012 02:08 AM, shirish शिरीष wrote:
Actually I read the ticket twice, while it did and does mention about
the new server bit there is no svn vs git comparison given anywhere on
the ticket.. The only comment I see therein is for move to github [0]
but nothing about git specifically. Could you check if there was any
discussion about git vs svn because it seems slightly strange when
both potlach2 and OSM have moved to git while JOSM still relying on
Subversion.

I don't think that your implied "subversion = old, git = new" assumption is valid. Potlatch and the OSM rails port may be using git but these projects are driven by different people and we can and will decide things for ourselves.

If you personally prefer git, you may use the git-svn tool to access the JOSM repository, without trying to force everyone else to switch to your preferred version control system.

Bye
Frederik