On Mo, Mär 16, 2015 at 03:56:53 +0100, Dirk Stöcker wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Mar 2015, Jochen Topf wrote:
>
> >I am not sure myself how best to solve this. More warnings that people have
> >to click through are not ideal either. Maybe little "warning" icons next to
> >tags alerting the user that this is an unknown tag? Of course we need a list
> >of known tags then...
>
> We already have this. It's degraded to INFO level, as it is disturbing.

How are these warnings shown? Are they only shown in the validator? I almost
never use the validator any more because a) it is another step to run this
after I do the actual work and I tend to forget and b) it shows too many
problems overwhelming me. I think any warnings should be shown "in-line"
when editing in some way to warn immediately, otherwise they will probably
be overlooked. Maybe that happens and I just have never seen it?

> We also have a common mistake checkfile, which contains misspelled words.
> Has not been upgraded for a long time.

There are just too many ways to mistype something. I think we need some kind
of positive list and warn for everything else. The positive list could be
created from taginfo data, every key/tag used more than n times and/or
documented on the wiki would be a good start for such a list I think.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  joc...@remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-173-7019282