Am Sa., 15. Sep. 2018 um 22:41 Uhr schrieb Dirk Stöcker <
openstreet...@dstoecker.de>:

> Maybe your troubles come from the fact that JOSM has different settings
> for local and server based GPS data (i.e. distances for continuous track
> handling)?

No, unfortunately not. All tracks were loaded locally and the connected
points don't really make any sense at all, on productive data I had
connected trackpoints that were multiple months apart and on the other side
of the globe... (just for clarification btw: My implementation cuts timewise
 overlapping tracks)

Here's an example (it looks that weird because I'm planning on using it for
unit tests and it's supposed to cover pretty much every specific case, e.g.
entire "high level" track segments being between two waypoints of a "low
level" track etc.)

This is how it looks like directly after merging:

And this is how it's supposed to look like / how it looks after converting
it back and forth:

The GpxData is correct, at least when being exported, so I'm pretty sure
it's some kind of caching / rendering issue...

But if nobody has an idea I'll just finish the patch first, maybe someone
finds the bug after I published it. I just thought that there might be some
kind of caching somewhere that I wasn't aware of.

Cheers
Niklas