Dear Friends,

                Nobody can change us, unless there occurs a change in our
attitude. If our attitude change our entire life will be changed. What
should be our attitude towards worldly pleasures, which will be perishing?
2000 years back Jesus beautifully told us ‘Lay your treasures in heaven
where no one can steel it’.

                 We need to try to make our attitude towards world similar
to the attitude of Jesus. What we need at this hour is a pair of faith
glass. We need to trust God fully and need to live according to His will.
While living on earth Jesus never seek his own will, but always searched and
obeyed His Father’s will and he taught us to pray for it  ‘ Thy will be done
on earth as it is in Heaven’.

           We are called to live as aliens in this world. We should live in
the world in such a manner that we does not belong to this world. Our true
home is in heaven and we are citizens of Heavenly Jerusalem, where there is
no more tears or weeping. Our primary aim in this life should be search and
obey His will. We have His promise as ‘ I will never leave you or forsake
you’. He has only better plans for us. For the worlds standard the most
important thing in life is to become a successful professional or
businessman. But for a Christian the most important thing should be attain
the eternal crown. Now let me ask you a question. ‘Whom should you call
first if you happen to see some of your family member is dying?’ Most of us
will call the doctor first. In America we will dial 9-1-1 and the ambulance
will come at once. But as Christians we are not supposed to forget the
importance of calling our local priest. The doctor can only save us from
physical death. But the priest can save us from eternal death too. Our Lord
saved the good thief on the cross because of His Mercy and He has given the
same authority to our priests as  ‘Whatsoever you forgiven on earth will be
forgiven in heaven too’.

                We need to send our children to Catechism Classes and take
interest in teach them and show them as models of those who value the
importance of sacraments and the teachings of the Church. But the sad fact
is that now a days parent’s value pleasures and academic success more and
they give less importance for their Child’s soul nourishments. Let us not
forget that our life mission is to see all of our family members in Heaven.
All other things are of secondary importance. Have a Nice Weekend.

With Regards,
Bensilal.

Bensilal Chacko