Dear brother Sebastian,

In my life these words of Jesus has become true. "They will be divided,
father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and
daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and
daughter-in-law against mother-in-law." -Luke 12:53

I was born and brought up in  a very orthodox Hindu family.At our home all
of us were so close ,and whenever we're together we used to eat from one
plate and sit in same room ..Especially me and my brother.We were good
friends  .He was 15 years older to me ,so some times ,he was just like a dad
to me since my father was working  in Madras.. Both of us were so fun loving
that we used to go for even club football matches and we never missed a
single english film released in Cochin !!My cousins used to say that when he
gets married ,his wife will go to her home next day,seeing that he wanted me
to do every thing for him..he will eat only if i serve him and i used to
iron his clothes etc. So even When i went to Medical College at Kottayam
every weekend and all free evenings ,i used to come home.

When i accepted jesus as my all in all,in 1993...those  verses became very
true. My ideas ,life style every thing changed. I started to spend more time
with the Lord ,in prayer, prayer meetings,programs..And i was no more
interested in going for such movies and had little time to go for club
matches,even though i liked them. Further my heavy syllabus at med school
also held me back from comng home often.My whole outlokk changed and so
often we  used to have long arguments on atheism , communism and stuff
,which earlier i had an inclination to..like my brother since he was my role
model.

Even though most of them apprecited certain good changes in me ,like more
patience ,kindness etc, all at my home and all relatives were very much
worried about my future and tried so hard to persuade me to forsake Jesus.It
was very hard for me. I felt like an alien many times in my own home. My mom
and brother yelling at me...that;s some thing i could not stand. Coming home
was just like a night mare to me .But Jesus and his JY saw me thru all
these.
One day one of my cousins ,caught me and started to scold me. he told that
i'm mad ..and he challenged me that nobody is going to marry you .Catholics
never...May be some day when you ;re in your late thirties ,some old
protestant pastors,a widowed man with many children ,may come to marry
you..!!(laugh)..it was too much for me..i felt like crying..but suddenly i
told him.." you see my Jesus has told me that He will take care of me..and
it is written in Bible that ..'Any body who has looked upto his face has
never been put to shame ....anf their faces always were bright."Suddenly he
stopped..(power of Word eh..).

To cut the story short... after some more time  i started to get proposals
even from catholics,which  surprised my family. But God had a different plan
..when Sunil's proposal came ...it was a surprise to all..even i never
thought that there will be some body with same story as mine ever existed on
this earth !The day our marriage was getting fixed all my relatives were
home.The cousin who used to tease me was also there. So i asked him ,'now
what do you have to say.?'..he smiled and told me .."oh that day itself you
told na,,,that your Jesus will do it for you..."(the defeated smile
continues..)
And his wife ,my aunt and all the women said in one voice,," Sindhu now we
think your Jesus really exists and its He who did it for you!!! And days
after both of us took all sacraments together with the blessing of our
family ,friends elders and many JY in 2000 may.Praise the Lord.

So in my case the story had a nice ending.....and they lived happily
everafter...(... after 7 years of faith walk..)even though its not true with
many converts. Just thought i'll share how these verses became flesh in my
life.
And today i said a special prayer for all those who stood by my side in this
faith walk..especially my family.. who really helped me test my faith.

Gratefully His,
Sindhu,
Chicago,USA.