On Thu, Apr 12, 2007, Remy Sharp wrote:

> [...]
> The reason it doesn't work in Safari is because the script element
> doesn't fire any events when the external library is loaded, and hence
> listening for the onreadystatechange doesn't work.
> [...]

I've checked the latest sources from WebKit SVN trunk now and it looks
WebKit actually emits a "load" event. So, in Safari a $(...).load(...)
should just work fine. At least I've removed the Safari related hack
I've taken over from jQuery core for now...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com