hi all,

This email presents a suggestion for a community tool, maybe it's already under
preparation, AFAIK, it is not. (but myjquery.com is already taken so maybe...)

Discovering with lust and pleasure the update to 1.2.1 this morning i realized
the recurring complain about how to keep track of updates of jquery and jquery
plugins. I personally use about 30 plugins in all varieties across my projects
Yet there is a potential solution that should help and has also a great
statistical potential (so marketing return for jquery):

solution name: myJquery.com

myJquery.com is a splashpage for developers, allowing them to specify which
plugins they use (and maybe even allowing them to create groups of plugins, one
group per project they work on).
It would be interfaced to the plugin repository. this would mean developers
would login to their area and :

- create a new project
- associate the plugins he uses in this project.

Now, plugin authors can update their plugins in the repository. Therefore, it
is possible to have a "warning: update is available for plugin <pluginname>"
displayed on the developer area page. He can then see in which of his projects
he used it, and know where updates need to be done.

This interface does not need to be clogged of "everything jquery", but only for
tracking updates and personal projects.

Am i making myself understandable?

thank you for your attention,

Alexandre

Ce message Envoi est certifié sans virus connu.
Analyse effectuée par AVG.
Version: 7.5.485 / Base de données virus: 269.13.21/1012 - Date: 16/09/2007
18:32