Hi,

> This ass/troll/clueless individual thanks you for making this group
> forum now begin to sound like every other developer's resource on the
> web: well-intentioned but ultimately crippled by the bratty missives
> of a few self-important detractors.

I don't whant to sound like i'd support Roberts view on how to handle people
new to jQuery, but you might whant to think about the language you chose.
Maybe that language is one of the reasons why you seem to get that kind of
answers from other mailinglists.

Actually after I have read your original post I first decided not to answer at
all. I have changed my mind after the following discussion has convince me
that you are not a troll but are seriously trying to learn something about
jQuery.

Usually on this mailinglist we have a very constructive, friendly and polite
communication. You can see that from the ansers you got. I hope, that in
future you and Robert will be members of the jQuery community. You see, noone
gets paied for answering your questions, so even if you are frustrated, hold
your breath and ask as politely as you can.

On the other hand, Robert, even if someone may sound rude here, better don't
answer at all if your answer will be rude as well.

Christof