I don't usually run both at the same time, but I have, and it works. I'm on
a 2GHz Core 2 Duo iMac with 3GB of RAM (the most it will take). I use both
Parallels and Fusion because I started with Parallels, and it has more
features, but it's more resource intensive, so for things like video
conferencing from within Windows, Fusion works much better.

Seriously, I can not stress enough that getting a Mac has significantly
increased my web development productivity (can test FF Mac/Windows, Safari
Mac/Windows, IE6/7 (in true separate OS instances), Linuxes, etc). As has
dual screens (though I'd really like 3: one for code, one for the web
browser, and one for server logs/terminal).

I've been a diehard, build my own PC user forever, but now I tell everyone
to get a Mac.

Sorry to wonder OT.

--Erik