I also decided to use that one (Jörn's) after evaluating 4 or 5 others. As you (timothy) noticed, many of the solutions borrowed from each other, but that one seemed to have the best aggregate of features from them all and some of the others looked like they might have been stagnating. It has also proven (to me) to be quite stable and easy to work with, although I'm using client side data, not ajax-loaded data, so can't vouch for that.

- Jack

Diego A. wrote:
I use:
http://bassistance.de/jquery-plugins/jquery-plugin-autocomplete/

I made this decision a few months ago, but I remember going through 4
or 5 options (I even considered writing my own), but in the end I
chose the option that I thought was most likely to see future
development and support.