I have been the sole developer for the last 9 months on a site that
was using ASP.Net Web Forms, & Component Art's Controls when I
inherited it since then I have added many of the controls from their
Ajax toolkit and within the last month have started using jquery. So
far I have had zero clashes, and now have a wide variety of tools to
solve the problems, I'm faced. I'm also starting to go back and clean
out my older pre jquery javascript.

I've also had success using jquery to call wcf services & page methods
which a lot of success (there were some blog posts out there but I
don't have the links anymore). I am using all of these technologies
together in some of my more complex pages.