hi
i just needed that option today!!
for the moment i just found a not-very-good way out which works for
me.

Among the pages you suggested i found this:

test("remote, customized ajax options", function() {
        expect(2);
        stop();
        var v = $("#userForm").validate({
                rules: {
                        username: {
                                required: true,
                                remote: {
                                        url: "users.php",
                                        type: "post",
                                        beforeSend: function(request, settings)
{
                                                same(settings.type, "post");
                                                same(settings.data,
"username=asdf&email=email.com");
                                        },
                                        data: {
                                                email: function() {
                                                        return "email.com";
                                                }
                                        },
                                        complete: function() {
                                                start();
        $("#username").val("asdf");
        $("#userForm").valid();
});

but i'm not sure how to use it..any help?

Thanks Vitto