$.live and Live Query are both wonderful. I am hoping to put them to
extensive use in my projects.

I have a few questions about $.live and Live Query and their effect on
performance.

Background: If I recall correctly, the original release of Live Query
could have some performance problems. I don't remember if things
bogged down when the DOM had a lot of elements, when you added a large
number of Live Query events, did a lot of updating or exactly what.

Question 1:
What were the specific concerns around performance with the 1.0.x
releases of Live Query?

Now with jquey 1.3, there is $.live. $.live does not do everything
that Live Query does, but does do some of it.

Question 2:
Does $.live use a different technique for handling events than Live
Query?

Question 2a:
If it is different, are there any performance concerns using $.live
like there used to be with Live Query?

Live Query 1.1.x requires jquery 1.3. I am guessing that the new
version uses $.live internally.

Question 3a:
Is the performance of Live Query better in the 1.1.x version?

Question 3b:
Are there some selectors that have better performance than others? or
to say it another way, do all of the selectors perform the same or,
for example, does
$('input').livequery('click', function() { });
perform better than
$('input').livequery('change', function() { });?

Using $.live or Live Query.
Question 4:
Is there any difference in performce between using
$('input').livequery('click', function() { });
vs
$("input").live("click", function(){ });?

I am thinking of really diving in to using $.live and/or Live Query. I
am trying to get a complete understanding of all of the issues that
may arise.

Thanks
-Geoff