try taking the dialog constructor out of the click functions maybe load is firing before the dialog call is complete
this seems to be the norm, not trying to build it inside a click

 also first link doesn't validate on w3 validator, always worth checking validation when DOM weirdness occurs

fredriley wrote:
Sorry to post again, but again jQuery has me defeated completely
despite using simple code. This time I'm trying to use the excellent
UI library, and in particular dialogue windows. All I want to do is
open an external file in a dialogue, to save using standard popup
windows. I've got a test up at http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~ntzfr/test/ajax/jquery/jqueryui_dialogue_test1.html
and there are quite a few things wrong:

1. Sometimes the Ok button just doesn't close the window.
2. I can't get the maxHeight and maxWidth options to kick in.
3. I can't get any resizability or draggability.
4. On external links I can't stop the link working despite the
standard "return false" in the click function.
5. Firefox and Safari behave differently.

I've downloaded a custom UI 1.7.1 library, with all widgets but no
interactions or effects, so I suspect that 2 and 3 are down to not
having interactions - would this be right? The other problems have me
stumped after 3 hours of testing.

A weird thing is that the dialogues behave sort of ok in another test
form, for instance:

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~ntzrlo/rlos/database/test/edit_rlo_tabs.php?rlo_num=18

Click on "View all keywords in the database". Yet I'm using exactly
the same code in both docs, calling exactly the same core and UI
libraries.

My head hurts, and it's 9pm on a Friday evening. Maybe it'll be
clearer on Monday, but in the meantime if anyone's got suggestions as
to:

a) why is code working on one doc and not the other
b) what's the best way of opening up another doc in a dialogue

Thanks.

Oh, and does anyone know how I can subscribe to a thread on this board
to get notifications of new posts?

Cheers

Fred