> I would like to offer a presentation for December's topic covering
> Object-Relational mapping tools.

An emphatic +1 :-)

> Some of the tools I would be reviewing will be:
> Castor (castor.exolab.org)
> Hibernate (http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/)
> Torque (jakarta.apache.org/turbine/torque)
> OJB (jakarta.apache.org/ojb)
> TJDO (http://tjdo.sourceforge.net/)

I'm most interested in Hibernate and TJDO personally, but might be worth
adding this project to just the comparison grid:

jRelationalFramework version 2.0
http://jrf.sourceforge.net/

The author of SimpleORM has this document that might be a good starting
point for some comparisons:
http://www.uq.net.au/~zzabergl/simpleorm/ORMTools.html

> Personally I think that this is more than enough to review in
> an hour,
Agree.  Perhaps on the list there are other folks who have intimate
experience with one or more of these technologies already? Could split
things up to multiple folks, but work on the same example scenario?

> If this is selected as the next topic. I would like some specific
> questions asked now, so I can prepare the answers for the
> presentation.
1) Is it easy to use?
2) Is it easy to use? ;-)
3) Does it impose any constraints on the DB design? (or conversely, will
it work with a schema that you didn't design, wouldn't have designed,
and was just plain designed by a raving lunatic...but now can't be
changed?)
4) Does it adapt well to changes in schema?
5) Does it have cacheing built in?
6) How query-intensive is it? (i.e. how many queries does it take to
restore a listed of objects that have nested objects)

Looking forward to this!
Tim