To Rick:

I really haven't had a chance to use either of the framework
(Spring.NET nor NHibernate) but I've tracked their progress.  I caught
a podcast from one of the devs for Spring.NET and it sounded like they
was a fair amount of interest in the project.  NHibernate hit version
1 around the beginning of the year.  I believe Spring.NET hit version
1 about 2 months ago.  I don't think either is dead -- but the .NET
community really hasn't "taken" to the open source framework quite
yet. *shrug*  I know there are products and projects using the
frameworks - I just have no clue how many.

Andy

On 6/21/06, Erik Hatcher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jun 21, 2006, at 12:35 PM, Chad Woolley wrote:
> "lowercase" web services?  What do you use to talk XML on the RoR
> side?   One of the Ruby SOAP implementations, something homegrown, or
> something else?

Currently Solr returns back a custom XML layout and accepts a custom
format.  These are defined on the Solr wiki very nicely.

I'm currently using REXML to parse the responses, and its working
fine.  But I think REXML's performance is not quite as quick as
perhaps sending back YAML or even Ruby code to eval.  Solr has a
custom response handler hook so XML is not required, just the default.

By "lowercase" web services I mean it's a service, and it's on the
web, but it's not heavy SOAP.

        Erik, the RESTful one