> Well at the risk of being accused of being a hijacker and
> being assaulted by ALLCAPS what would I get from Flex2.0 1cpu
> license that I can't get from Laszlo which is not only free
> to put on as many cpus as you want but is also open source
> and not left to pricing whims of Adobe (free today - $$$ tomorrow)?

Ha...this is Mike's thread - folks can have smackdown they want between
the three....hmm... Laszlo isn't in there. <grin>

Flex -- *without* the server component, is free for any use.  It's not
open source, so that could be a showstopper.

The server component does a bunch of stuff you may or may not find
useful, overview/details:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flex/productinfo/overview/
http://www.adobe.com/products/flex/dataservices/

I did a proof of concept using the server component for 1.5...and I
found it to really speed up development by handling some of the drudgery
of the RMI over the wire.

An interesting aspect of Flex and the Google API to me is that they both
seem to be trying to present a standard "programming" paradigm. ex.
objects and action listeners that appeal to a Java developer more than a
javascript/html person.

Have a look at a quick demo with code/MXML.
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/quickstart/coding_with_mxml_and_actions
cript/

Flex has a lot of widgets, including charts, that are fairly
mature...and lots of solid second generation documentation and samples.
It's not without flaws, but I keep coming back to it as a compelling
option.

The Google API is slick too, and DOJO has some great demo's... but
lately I've been really drawn to the responsiveness and features in
Yahoo's Flex-based maps (http://maps.yahoo.com).

Tim

-Tim