Hi Curtis

On 23/01/14 19:53, Curtis Hovey-Canonical wrote:
[...]
> I am happy to run trusty and test the new packaging of stable
> software. Juju 1.17.0 is not stable, it is not compatible with
> 1.16.x, and was not given a choice, nor informed that I could be
> risking someone's assets. I don't think ubuntu devel series should
> be getting devel juju, at least not until we have full devel to
> stable compatibility testing.

FWIW I did raise this at the cross-team meeting on the 16th of January
so people should have been aware that this work was happening; the
rationale for the 1.17.0 release upload was:

1) its the first release to support gccgo - and we need to be testing
with juju built using this toolchain.
2) its closer to the stable release we will be releasing with.

We really need to kickoff the Main Inclusion Review process now if
juju is to be in main for 14.04; asking the MIR team to review the
previous stable release of juju seems pretty pointless when its going
to be using a different toolchain and work in different ways for release.

[...]
> For the time being, I am going to create a stable trusty juju and
> place it in the stable ppa so that some people have a choice to
> respond to production situations.

If the situation is that bad, then I can revert the 1.17.0 upload to
trusty and switch back to 1.16.5.

Regards

James

- --