So there is already a JUJU_HOOK_NAME environment variable. So that is easy
enough. I'm not sure what the issue is with having a default-hook file that
is executed when juju can't find that hook name.

I don't want to make it an all or nothing solution where you either have
one file or hooks per file, there doesn't seem to be any real advantage to
that. For example my default - hook might be written in a language not on
the cloud image, now I need an install hook which installs that interpreter.

I'm a plus one to a fall back of default-hook when hook isn't found and a
+1 to the already existent environment variable.

Marco