For switching to a new tool and a new workflow I would like to not simply
discuss it in a somehow undefined way together with subjunctive terms
("Everybody should now ...") here via mail. Please lets fix the workflow in
a how-to-contribute.md in juju/doc/contributions, so that we easily can
point any new internal and external contributor to it. And also let's have
a well defined date for switching and communicate it early enough.

If somebode is already writing this doc mentioned above please let me know.
Otherwise I'll do it.

thx mue

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 11:47 PM, Eric Snow <eric.s...@canonical.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 3:34 PM, Menno Smits <menno.sm...@canonical.com>
> wrote:
> > Thanks Eric! I've used Reviewboard at a previous job and I'm fairly sure
> > that it aligns better with the way the Juju Core team likes to work than
> > Github's review features.
> >
> > Two questions:
> >
> > 1. Is this what we're supposed to be doing from right now?
>
> Nope.  I'm hopeful that we will switch over to reviewboard in a week
> or two.  Until then github is still our review tool.  However, in the
> meantime feel free to try out the Reviewboard-oriented workflow as
> well. :)
>

> > 2. I'm pretty sure some configuration of the rbt tool is required so
> that it
> > knows how to talk to the Reviewboard server. Is there a config file
> > available?
>
> The first time in a repo you run "rbt setup-repo" which generates a
> user-agnostic, repo-specific .reviewboardrc file.  I expect that
> before long we will commit that file in each of our repos.  Once that
> happens, no one will have to do anything special (e.g. run rbt
> setup-repo) any longer.
>
> See https://www.reviewboard.org/docs/rbtools/dev/rbt/configuration/
>
> -eric

** Frank Mueller <frank.muel...@canonical.com>