Well, yes and no. At least, according to what I've found. I've looked
pretty hard at neutron, and it seems to require that the VM's / VM hosts be
in their own broadcast domain, even for the simple flat networking. All of
the testing I've done supports that. This is not a good fit for me for the
reasons stated in my original post.

But, this probably isn't the place for that conversation.

Has the installation and configuration of nova-network been removed from
the Trusty nova-cloud-controller charm intentionally? I suspect not, since
the docs haven't been updated to reflect that, and there still seems to be
at least some support for Essex in the charm, which I believe is a
pre-neutron/qauantum release of OS.

Even if it has been removed intentionally, the docs need to be updated to
reflect that, so this is an attempt to give feedback and inform people that
there is a disconnect between the stated and delivered features on this
charm.

For my own purposes though, assuming I stick w/ juju, is the best thing to
do a) fork this charm for my own use, b) write an entirely new charm to
handle just the nova-network components I need or c) something else
entirely? I'd like to work on whatever has the most likelihood to be useful
by others, but being new here, I don't really know the preferences of the
juju world for this sort of thing.

Thanks!

QH