Compiling juju on any Linux is actually very straight forward... however
*running* Juju on any Linux except Ubuntu and Centos is not going to work
(due to some platform-specific code we have)... but if all you want to do
is compile, that's easy:

Install git, bzr, and mercurial (pretty sure mercurial is no longer
required at this point, though).
install go, version 1.2.1 or higher (1.2.1 is the officially supported
version for Juju... newer versions *should* work, but are not official yet).

export GOPATH=$HOME
    this tells go where to store its code, you could pick a different
gopath if you want.

run these commands to compile juju's master branch:

go get github.com/juju/juju/...
    this will download and compile juju, but there may be a couple compiler
errors... that's ok
go get launchpad.net/godeps
    this will download and compile the godeps application, and copy it to
$GOPATH/bin
cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/juju/juju
$GOPATH/bin/godeps -u dependencies.tsv
    this will update the various repos that juju uses to the correct
versions (and thus fix the compiler errors from above)
go install ./...
    this will recompile with the newly updated juju code and copy the juju
and jujud binaries to $GOPATH/bin

You can, of course, use git to switch from the master juju branch to a
release branchand compile that instead.  Just do that in $GOPATH/src/
github.com/juju/juju before running godeps, and then follow the rest of the
steps.

-Nate