To continue this thread you have a few options to you Herman.

We have a great experience with the VagrantBox workflow

https://jujucharms.com/docs/stable/config-vagrant

There is also the 'jujubox' and 'charmbox' docker images which will achieve
the same result, however they do not fully support the local provider in
your configuration. They will however get you started with any of the cloud
providers, or a MAAS / OpenStack server if you happen to have one of those
envirionments available to you.

https://hub.docker.com/r/jujusolutions/charmbox/

Whats great about these solutions, as @jcastro alluded to, you don't have
to build them. The docker images are refreshed nightly at 3am EDT, and the
vagrant images are rebuilt any time we publish a new cloud image (typically
every few days). The vagrant box is my recommended path forward if you want
the full experience. The docker images while we the ~charmer team publish
and maintain them, i would classify them as a community contribution more
than a recommended and official way to get started.

I did a quick write up about the docker images here:
http://blog.dasroot.net/2015-unofficial-docker-images.html

Hope this helps!

Charles Butler <charles.but...@canonical.com> - Juju Charmer
Come see the future of datacenter orchestration: http://jujucharms.com