Hi Adam,

Thanks a lot for your response.

My nodes are in defaults zone.

On 08/07/2017 03:16 PM, Adam Collard wrote:
Hi Wahi,

On Mon, 7 Aug 2017 at 12:11 wahi <w...@sci.am <mailto:w...@sci.am>> wrote:

    Hi Dmitrii,

    Thanks a lot for your reply.

    Indeed I have the last version of MAAS and JUJU, and from the MAAS
    web interface I have nodes with ready state, but getting that
    error. I will try to investigate your suggestions and see.

You should also verify that your Ready nodes are in the 'default' zone in MAAS. If not, and you wish to pick a node in zone 'foo', you can `juju deploy mysql --to zone=foo`

    On 08/07/2017 02:56 PM, Dmitrii Shcherbakov wrote:
    Hi Wahi,

    > Do I need to add machines from Juju GUI before deploying models ?

    No need for that (see also
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1567169)

    # deploy on any 'Ready' machine available in a pool
    juju deploy mysql

    # you already have a model with a machine 0 and you want to
    deploy there
    juju deploy mysql --to 0

    # give me a new machine and create a container on it
    juju deploy mysql --to lxd

    # deploy to a *new* container on machine 0
    juju deploy mysql --to lxd:0

    # deploy to an *existing* container lxd:1 on machine 20
    juju deploy mysql --to 20/lxd/1

    You can also use constraints (including tags, availability zones
    or other machine properties) to deploy with different criteria
    for machines:
    https://jujucharms.com/docs/stable/reference-constraints

    NOTE: --to overrides any constraints you specify

    > I tried to deploy a simple mariadb with --to option in order to
    specify the n ode name but Juju didn't managed to boot the
    machine, so on MAAS do I need to have node with Ready state with
    no OS on it ?

    Yes, you need a node in the "Ready" state in order to allocate a
    new one via Juju.

    maas maas machines read hostname=obambo | jq '.[].status_name'
    "Ready"

    juju deploy ubuntu --to obambo.maas
    Located charm "cs:ubuntu-10".
    Deploying charm "cs:ubuntu-10".

    maas maas machines read hostname=obambo | jq '.[].status_name'
    "Deploying"

    > When I tried only juju deploy mariadb I am getting this:

    Not sure if you have any "Ready" nodes. If you don't, that makes
    sense.

    Also, I hope you are using the latest versions of both Juju and
    MAAS - not the ones that come in the main repo:

    https://jujucharms.com/docs/2.2/reference-install
    https://docs.ubuntu.com/maas/2.2/en/installconfig-package-install

    I hope that helps.

    Best Regards,
    Dmitrii Shcherbakov

    Field Software Engineer
    IRC (freenode): Dmitrii-Sh

    On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 12:23 PM, wahi <w...@sci.am
    <mailto:w...@sci.am>> wrote:

        Dear all,

        I create a MAAS-JUJU environment with two servers, all
        services (except MAAS installed on bare metal) are KVM
        virtual machines. I installed Juju client in a separate
        virtual machine, then I used it to bootstrap Juju controller
        on another virtual machine with public IP and everything is
        working fine.

        My question is:

          * Do I need to add machines from Juju GUI before deploying
            models ?
          * I tried to deploy a simple mariadb with --to option in
            order to specify the n ode name but Juju didn't managed
            to boot the machine, so on MAAS do I need to have node
            with Ready state with no OS on it ?
          * When I tried only juju deploy mariadb I am getting this:

        Machine  State    DNS  Inst id  Series  AZ Message
        2        pending       pending  trusty failed to start
        instance (cannot run instances: cannot run instance: No
        available machine matches constraints: [('agent_name',
        ['af259ce2-9cb8-460b-8562-dd4223868f95']), ('zone',
        ['default'])] (resolved to "zone=default")), retrying in 10s
        (9 more attempts)

        So could you please advice me how to have the best approach
        for this.

        Thank you very much in advance.

        Regards,
         Wahi