Thanks Ivar. My incomplete description (which you have somewhat offensively
labeled as "weak") was intentionally so, to avoid hijacking the thread with
my own problem. With your encouragement, however, here is the problem I'm
having, which I suspect is related to the OP's problem: I installed v0.2.0
(64-bit) this morning (build date appears to be 2013-11-16 23:44 UTC), and
have the following Pkg.status():

Required packages:
 - GLM                           0.2.2
Additional packages:
 - Blocks                        0.0.1
 - DataArrays                    0.1.0
 - DataFrames                    0.5.0
 - Distributions                 0.3.0
 - GZip                          0.2.7
 - NumericExtensions             0.3.6
 - SortingAlgorithms             0.0.1
 - StatsBase                     0.3.5

using GLM gives me the following messages, terminating in an error:

Warning: could not import Base.foldl into NumericExtensions
Warning: could not import Base.foldr into NumericExtensions
Warning: could not import Base.sum! into NumericExtensions
Warning: could not import Base.maximum! into NumericExtensions
Warning: could not import Base.minimum! into NumericExtensions
ERROR: Stats not found
  in require at loading.jl:39

at C:\~\.julia\GLM\src\GLM.jl:8

Does this appear to be related to the previous problem? Does anyone have
any suggestions on how to fix it, or shall I wait for package authors to do
some updating?

If a newer Julia version is required (which appears to be the suggestion
from the NumericExtensions github issues), are there no newer Windows
binaries available than v0.2.0? My corporate environment will make building
from source difficult, for a variety of reasons.

After starting with a fresh installation and a clean .julia directory, I've
tried to install older versions of NumericExtensions (as suggested), with
the following results:

Pkg.pin("NumericExtensions",v"0.2.20")
ERROR: NumericExtensions is not a git repo
  in pin at pkg/entry.jl:202

and also:

Pkg.pin("NumericExtensions",v"0.2.20")
INFO: Installing NumericExtensions v0.3.6  # <---wrong version (latest)
INFO: REQUIRE updated.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Chris